Saturday, September 11, 2010

I laugh in the face of delivery.

So, I had to go grocery shopping for the partay tomorrow (more on that later) and of course for food for the week (no I don't exist only on cigarettes and soco, thank you very much.). And it wound up being a lot - not money wise bag wise.

So as the kid is checking me out (not in that way people) he asks "are you taking it or is it delivery?" I say "how many bags are we at?" "seven - no eight" is the response. "Ooof, I dunno, ahh I guess delivery? I mean, maybe I carry what I can and the rest..?" "Nah, you can do it, you can carry it all."

I eyed him suspiciously and say "that's because you don't want to have to lug this shit to me on a delivery." "hahahaha, nah you look strong you can do it."

"ummm ok..."

So we loaded me up with all 8 bags, one hooked on each shoulder, three in each hand. He even patiently waited for me to put my sunglasses on.


And you know what? I made it allll the way home without crumbling under the weight in my arms. My biceps are a little throbby right now, but whatevs I didn't drop anything.

So I laugh in the face of delivery. I don't need delivery, I can do it myself. I can carry more than half my body wait in the hot sun for 4 blocks.

Can you?

1 comment:

  1. Well, if they offered delivery service for groceries I'm sure I could do it, BUT...I might just splurge and have someone carry my shit!

    Good Job though!!! Ice those arms

    ReplyDelete