Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I love telling the stories

Of how I meet my men. Even if I have told it numerous times....I was able to tell one today actually. One of my favorites... And it was pretty awesome as to how I was able to start that conversation.....

I was at work talking to a girl that I work with (as opposed to bullshitting on the phone with a friend which I do not do ever [hmmmm mmmmm]) about what I needed from her for an upcoming mailer...as we are bullshitting I start flipping through the NYT. Not to read it but to see if we have a 2x7 ad printed. We did not, but there was a Brioni ad....And I dated - well kinda date - the model (french model - natch) that always is in their ads.

I pick up the paper as I am in mid sentence and say "I'm dating him, well we date when he is in the country." She then snatched the main news out of my hand and looked at the ad, then looked at me, then looked at the ad, then looked at me and said..."that makes sense..how did you meet him?"

Intrigued by the "that makes sense" comment I proceed to tell her the story...Its a pretty good one, which I won't go into detail, but summary is this...:

"You're Beautiful (in a french accent)"
"Uh-huh, please save your game, I'm cute, got cute down pat, beautiful..no. Go chat up someone else"

I avoided him the whole party in a sense, (which he was there 15 minutes of) but couldn't avoid him when he followed me out for a cigarette, then spent a weekend with him and when he is in town - not shooting campaigns or being shot for campaigns we go out on dates...That's the short version. The long version of course is better.

But I tell you, its nice to pick up a paper or magazine and see someone you've been with that some people would say is out of your league and gloat.

After I told the story I say "why does that make sense to you?" The response was this...:

"Because you don't give a fuck, and you are hot whether you like it or not, and a guy like that wants to be with someone who doesn't want or need them. And your it."

"My mother said pretty much the same thing."

"She's a smart lady"

"Damn fucking straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment