Thursday, December 30, 2010

The only time I want a boyfriend....

Is days like today - when I wake up with the full blown flu. I knew I was getting it Tuesday night but did that stop me from going out last night? Noooooooooo. Don't be crazy! Let's weigh the options...

going out with a friend you haven't seen in forever vs. going home and sleeping so that you don't get worse.

I mean the answer is obvious no? Of course the former is what I did! How could I not? My favorite dive bar where we always did happy hour is closing for good tomorrow and we had to have last drinks there. Anyway I digress...

The only time I want a boyfriend is when I am sick. Its tough being single and sick, I mean who is going to take care of you? And me, I am a total baby when I am sick. But really who isn't? I really thought sleeping for 15 hours would kill it. I then considered going to the gym to sweat it out (to which my mother basically in a nutshell called me an idiot) but I realized quickly that I probably wouldn't make it down the block without passing out.

The worse thing about all this? I have absolutely no food in my house, not even a can of soup or chicken broth (seriously my fridge contents are - condiments, southern comfort, beer and water) so at some point I will have to shower and go get food. But if I had a boyfriend he could get me food.

Sigh. Who am I kidding I will want a boyfriend today and tomorrow and then by Saturday be glad I don't have one.

I'm going to do a shot of NyQuil and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment