Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How many dates can one have in one business week? - Date One

If you're me you can have four - Tuesday - Friday. Monday of course was a day of rest. I have First dates Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and dinner with an....I guess you could say ex? On Friday. Since the first week of 2010 is now being dubbed "date week" I figure I should post about each one.

First dates can be summarized in three ways:

1- OMG i'm obsessed and want to totally see him again, numerous times
2- Never again, I busted out ASAP
3- It went well, I would do a second date and see where it goes.

Date one - Last night (Tuesday people)

This falls under category #3. It went well. There wasn't immediate sparks, but there is definitely potential (for what? who knows? Candy? Sex? Free dinners? Ok the last one I wouldn't do) and I would do a second date and see what goes from there. A summary:

We met up at 8:30 I came directly from spin (fucking duh!) and found him waiting for me at the dive bar of my choice. Now, I always arrive 10 minutes late. Why? I don't really know, I just do. Unless, I have met the person when I am drunk and don't really remember what they look like. I then arrive 10 minutes early, sit at the bar and focus on my IPhone so that they come to me.

We had good conversation over 6 drinks and stayed until last call which was about 1ish. He runs an hedge fund but is not a blue shirt. At all. Quite the opposite in fact, he has more of a surfer personality. Super laid back and hard to read (remember that bit.). I peppered him with questions about hedge funds as I am totally blonde to that whole world and I am proud to say that now I can explain to anyone what a hedge fund is (somewhat, I mean the basic summary, lets be honest, all that shit is greek to me.).

He was impressed with the amount of whiskey I could drink without eating and not getting drunk. I had to inform him numerous times that I am indeed Irish. I mean that counts for something no? After drink 3 he insisted on getting motzerella sticks (new years eve raw food only diet? goodbye!) but it was a good choice.

There were no huge sparky sparks, but he was nice a good conversationalist and was interested in what I do, my life, blah blah blah, all that good shit. But as I said, he was hard to read, so that is probably why I am into the second date.

See, I am the type either you love me or hate me. And with guys I can tell right away what they think of me, within, ohhhhh I would say 10 minutes. This one I had no idea. I guessed at one point (around the 11:30 mark) he was having fun and into me since he didn't try to bolt (i'm pretty perceptive at times) and wanted to have another drink (which became drinks) but still...

You know how sometimes you go out on a date and you don't quite know how to get out of it? No? Shit I do, I have been there a few times - in my early dating days when I didn't want to be mean (hence why I have the emergency phone call back up now) - so I was thinking that maybe this was the case for him.

I digress, kinda... so we leave smoke a cig and need to get cabs. I get the first cab and...wait for it....wait for it.....

I got a kiss on the cheek! The CHEEK!!!!

WTF? The cheek? No no no I don't get the cheek, especially after being on a date for 5 hours.

He texted me when he got home to make sure I got home ok and to apologize for his lameness of not kissing me (points for him.). Now, I get why he didn't , the whole time we were together we were thinking he was getting the flu and he didn't want to recontaminate me (double points) but still, the cheek? That's kinda bizarre to me, but then again, I am a slut muffin.

He has already texted me through out the day, so I will definitely see him again, but then he did something I wasn't that into.

He friend requested me on facebook.

Hmm.....really? I accepted the request (did I mention I want a second date) but when I accepted the request I murmured to myself - "just someone I will have to defriend after I run through them."

Is it bad that I want a second date but already think I will probably ruin it or run through him at some point? Probably, but who knows? Maybe this time it will be different?

Who am I kidding? This is my second job (dating people) I know what will happen like clockwork.

Oh well, on to date two which starts in 1 1/2 hours. I was actually going to cancel because I was so fucking tired this morning but then I remembered... he is cuter then bachelor #1 and is 6 feet. You know how I am with tall cute men. They are my kryptonite. I hope to be home by 11:30 tonight, I need to work out tomorrow morning.

I'll keep you posted. But if he's cute, I'm out till 1am and not working out tomorrow am.

Place your bets.


No comments:

Post a Comment