Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A social-economic conversation

You know, I have no idea if the below conversation is "social economic" most likely probably not. And i'm sure any smart person reading this will shake their head in disgust (wait are smart people reading this??)

Anyhoo I digress on what the the conversation actually is. I don't even know what really started it - oh I know we saw a homeless guy on the street and my friend mentioned how the girl next to her on the train gave a homeless guy $2 (which really fucking shocked me, who the hell gives a homeless person $2? A quarter I see, but $2? must have been a tourist.) I found that annoying because it annoys me when anyone on the train sitting next to me gives a homeless person money because then they (both the giver and receiver) are staring at me like I need to dig in my bag and shell out some dollar bills.

So Courtney continues on that she is not annoyed for the reasons I am but because the homeless person in question did not work for it. She proceeds to explain that by "work" she means, put on a performance, dance, sing, have a really good heartbreaking story truly make her want to dig in her purse to give money.

I on the other hand don't care about any of that. I declare I only give money to those with animals. To which our other friend Mean's starts peppering me with questions:

"What if they are handicapped?"

"No."

"Even if they are a cripple?"

"No. Only if there are animals involved."

"Oh I don't care if they have animals, that's not good enough for me" - Courtney pipes in

"What if they have a stump?"

"Oh good god no that just freaks me out! Fuck a stump! Get that image out of my head!"

"Children?"

"Like they are a kid that ran away from their rich parents and supposedly want to get back home but can't call their parents to buy them a ticket for a bus ride?"

"No they have children."

"Hmmm I have never seen that, homeless people with kids hanging on them, I mean maybe? Well, I might have to stick to my animals only policy."

If the above conversation is not fucked up enough for you which also proves how mean I am in ways, I proceed to say what I saw in the west 4th street station the other day:

"There is this homeless guy by the steps that is always there and is blind. Or well you assume he is blind because of the cane and glasses he is rocking. So today I see this girl give this blind guy a little carton of milk and a small box of cereal. I am already wondering how is this blind guy going to handle all of this - but that is not the point of my story. When she walks away she waved. Waved! The guy is blind! he can't fucking see her wave, what is she retarded? Why is she waving?!"

We proceed to laugh our way into the bar.

Wow reading this again, I guess I kinda seem like a dick. I mean cereal girl was doing a nice thing it was just the waving that ruined it all for her. Eh whatever. I just say what most every other New Yorker is thinking but is afraid some liberal will come down on them like a hailstorm if they say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment